6.21.2012

custom "birthday banner" letters

I've been wanting to create custom banners for awhile now...just one of those ideas that got put on the back burner for far too long. I have so many ways I want to use these (and so many missed opportunities where I wish I would have done this) I figured it was time to just get it done.



I love the idea of being able to mix + match colors and patterns to coordinate with a party theme. These measure about 4" tall so they're big enough to create banners for birthday parties, baby showers or holidays or to do banners for your room or your kids' rooms (names like this or even quotes...thinking "sweet dreams" for over our own bed.)

Shrunk down, they would be great for creating a cake bunting or to wrap around a gift or to use on a card or scrapbook page. I've never *needed* a cutting machine but all the ideas I have swirling around are really making me wish I had one!

I just eyeball where I want the hole punched so I didn't include a hole in the design. You could attach them together with brads or add eyelets (yes, I'm old school like that) to reinforce the holes before stringing on ribbon or twine.

If you'd like to download the png files to use with your Cameo software, I've saved them to share. I created a few "filler" files that can be used to separate words as well. Hopefully, a few of you will be able to put these to use!

(click to download)



8 comments:

  1. I need this today. But I need a cameo first :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are AWESOME.

    would it be bad if i made myself a banner for my birthday next month? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Downloaded. This and everything else I see on this blog. ;) I'm thinking a mini banner on a layout would be totally awes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer B.8:40 AM

    That is SO cute and great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome Erica! Morgan insists I make a banner for her bedroom door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Down loaded. This particular as well as anything else I realize with this weblog.; ) I am considering the small banner ad on the design will be completely awes, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erica!! I was wondering how you got the copyright watermark on your images. I am trying to do something similar, but it doesn't really look this good :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:08 AM

    This is really sweet of you to share. TY.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...