For this one, just a quickie. Another recipe that we really enjoy. I think I got it from allrecipes but I can't remember for sure! I realize it doesn't look like much in the photo but trust me - seriously delicious (as long as you like just a bit of heat.) I add some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve it over brown rice. Usually with some steamed broccoli (which hadn't made it to the plate when I took the photo.)
Orange Garlic Beef
- cloves minced garlic (you know me by now, right? yes, add more)
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak cut into strips
- 1/2 t grated orange rind
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1 T cornstarch
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- 3/4 C sliced green onions
- Combine garlic, pepper and beef tossing well.
- Whisk together rind, juice, cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add beef mixture and onions - saute about 2 minutes.
- Add juice mixture and cook until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes) stirring frequently.