**January 26, 2009**I'm keeping the original title (and post date) so you can see that I started working on this post like, um, 10 days ago. I actually had it pretty much done 10 days ago. I know you make time for the things you love but clearly, my blog is not on that list. I wish it were...like I wish exercise and regularly scheduled hair cuts were.
So who is with me on this still? Despite my lack of updates, I've actually made some kick-ass progress on my January goal. I haven't stuck *exactly* to the schedule every day but I've done pretty well and I wouldn't be embarrassed by any drop-in company :) Well, not embarrassed by my house at least ;) Here is what I went with for my schedule:
pick up daily; at least one load of laundry daily
monday - upstairs bathroom
tuesday - kitchen/clean out fridge/meal plan + grocery list
wednesday - groceries
thursday - dusting/vacuuming (I will NEVER be able to spell that word on my own)
friday - downstairs bath/laundry room
saturday - mop
sunday - strip beds
I also finally followed through with creating chore and behavior charts for the boys so they've been put on a regular chore schedule as well. They're doing great with it and it's making my life so much easier in the process.
Sticking to a schedule and a well-timed lull in "work" has had the unintended affect of creating a serious purge desire (less to clean and maintain!) Since the start of the year, I've also:
- shred paperwork (3 grocery bags full or old bills/receipts + another bag full of contracts and check stubs) I've been saving this stuff for like 3 years. I know, ridiculous. I never remembered to buy a shredder after our last one broke though. I did think to add it to my Christmas list though (thanks, mom!)
- donate clothes...I'm pretty good about doing this fairly regularly. Two more bags were donated this month though.
- cleaned and organized the pantry
- cleaned a bunch of junk out of Izzy's closets
- cleaned out the closet in the playroom/spare bedroom
- went though a metric butt ton of old magazines...tore out pages, filed them and donated the carcasses to the paper recycling bin at Jake's school. It helped that I had a supportive partner cheering me on. This pile is only about a third of the total. I may have a problem.
One with outrageous lashes.
So, with February just a few days away, I'm trying to decide on a new goal. More on that Sunday! I'd love to hear where you guys are at. Feeling good about your progress?