5.29.2007

I'm procrastinating...


So, I thought I'd post :)

I finished my first garment over the weekend (whoohoo!) The baby sweater from Greetings from the Knit Cafe (which, if I haven't mentioned before...is just such a pretty book BUT there are a lot of pattern errors so if you have it or get it, check here for the errata)

Started: Um...so long ago I can't even remember...January, maybe?)
Finished: May 26, 2007
Yarn: Knitpicks Elegance in Oatmeal
Needles: Size 5 Options

There are a couple of errors - especially along the neckline, but overall, I'm very pleased. I love the stitch pattern and the sweater itself is super soft. Can't wait to see it *on* a baby! (and no, not mine :p)

Hmmm, what else? The sock was ripped out and restarted from the cuff end but no pictures yet. Next post :)

Carlos and I watched a movie the other night - Apocalypto. I know Mel Gibson is not the most popular guy around right now but the movie itself is amazing. I didn't know what it was about when we started watching it but I was seriously holding my breath the entire movie - HIGHLY recommend it! It is sub-titled throughout but after the first few minutes, you don't even realize you're reading anymore. In fact the last movie I watched before this one was Pan's Labyrinth - also sub-titled and also incredible. Watch both of them if you get a chance!

And tonight we're having Ikea meatballs for dinner which means my stash will be depleted which means I need to go to Ikea again soon :)

OK, procrastination over. Now I'll get lots done, right? RIGHT??

12 comments:

  1. Your sweater is the twin of mine!!
    I love Ikea meatballs-maybe I will make some for the kids tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous sweater!
    Ikea meatballs huh? I had no idea there was such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel4:05 PM

    that sweater is GORGEOUS E! wow. Love the ties. And the pics are fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you with the knitting, what a gorgeous sweater! and those ikea meatballs...yummy...wish we had an ikea nearby, i miss them!
    hope you've been well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fact that you knit is way cool. the fact that you knitted that precious baby sweater is even cooler! and making ikea meatballs? wow. you leave me speechless. :) (seriously, what are ikea meatballs?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, where do i even start?
    you are impressed by my tote bag? HA! it doesn't even stand a chance next to this sweater.
    oh my word...it is amazing!
    you so rock beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i forgot to ask...where is that darling stitched circle from? do you do that?
    i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica, wow!! You are SO goooooood! That is such a darling little sweater!!!

    Ikea makes meatballs? I didn't know they sold food... or am I being stupid here, let me know?! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ikea meatballs are the best :)

    love the cutie little sweater!
    especially because you did it in oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. melanie5:44 PM

    so, if i have a baby, you'll like knit them a sweater and stuff, right? seriously, put this thing or the next one on etsy - i'd buy it in a new york minute. what does that mean anyway? what i'm trying to say is that i'd buy it super fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so, now I know who to go to for all my knitting needs when I have a baby...oh wait...my husband knits LOL!! Although not as well as you do;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. stephanie6:11 AM

    i have that book erica, and it is a good one. i knitted the beret in alpaca silk. love it. you are right there are lots or error, but the photography is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...