5.02.2007

cheesy.

you think? hehe Zack looks almost embarrassed to be next to Jake. Poor kid can't help that he got my squint-in-the-sun gene. That 'cheese' smile though, that's all four-year-old boy!

Anyway, this was taken Saturday at the park where we got to spend a lovely afternoon with Ashley, Griffin and Ava. Griffin, super polite and a nature and animal genius. And Ava, the beautiful little daredevil. And Ashley, she's just a smartass but that is one of the chief reasons we get along so well :) She makes a mean cheese ravioli though and that makes most anyone good in my book! The boys had a fantastic time making friends with the Gailey kids...until Jake had a meltdown of epic proportions when it was time to leave. Asleep in the car 3 minutes after we left and out for the night. Yeah, he maybe a tidge tired from all of the excitement!

In knitting news, I've made a little progress on the baby sweater that's been languishing for months. A couple more miters done. Other than that, nada. I'm pretty sure sleeves will be my downfall on every sweater I knit. Maybe only tanks from now on?

Scrappy stuff - a new garden at 2peas yesterday :) Loved so much of it but as if we needed further proof that Lisa McGarvey is a freaking scrapbooking goddess, check out her ideas for organizing layouts, photos and papers of different sizes. I'd love to see her at work in real life. That would be such a treat! And here I was *just* the other day telling someone how I've been thinking about maybe giving 12 x 12 a shot here and there but didn't want to think about the album aspect of it all and along comes Lisa with the solution to my dilemma. I also loved this, this, this and this. So much talent - I'm feeling very fortunate that I get to be a part of it!

Added a bunch of new stuff to my site...logos and card templates. There is so much I *want* to do and just not enough time. I'm sure none of you understand that feeling, right?

Oh, and this...tagged by the delightful Jen (this was a long post, huh? should buy me at least a week or 10 days until I'm due to post again!)

Here are the rules: each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are
tagged need to blog about their seven things and post the rules as well . At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

  1. I'm weird about meat. I hate, hate, HATE touching raw meat - when Carlos is feeling generous, he'll do it for me :p. Also, I can't eat meat off of a bone. Totally grosses me out.
  2. I have this weird psychological balance thing...it's hard to explain but if I'm doing something and feel like I'm using one hand or leg or foot more predominantly than the other, I have to switch to the other side. There's no counting or timing involved, just a *feeling* that I'm not balanced very well. I know. I should seek professional help.
  3. All of my nightmares are either about something bad happening to my children *OR* about being chased. I've been chased by witches (when I was a kid), people, robots (all started with the Transformers)...in my dreams, I'm chased forever...I never get caught and I never safely escape. What do you think it means?
  4. I'm a crazy list-maker...I make lists of lists. I put things on my lists that I've already done just for the pleasure of crossing them back off. Need a list? Give me a call.
  5. The mere thought of touching or using chalk makes my skin crawl and my teeth hurt. My stomach is in knots right now even typing about it...
  6. When I was in 5th grade, I totally beat my teacher in our math marathon. I took advanced calculus in high school and college. Since I had kids, I practically need a calculator to count. (where do all of those brain cells go anyway?)
  7. Thinking of seven weird things about myself should not be this hard. But I'm quitting here :p
And, since I'm an avid blog reader but totally lazy about commenting, I'm not tagging anyone...because that just wouldn't be fair.

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. You have serious problems.
    Totally.
    Actually, the more I read these weird things people have about themselves, almost everyone has to balance out their body.
    We all have OCD, just depends on how it takes over our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:12 PM

    I find out more weird things about myself by reading other people's weird things :P ;) LOL!

    Miss you E!

    I could use some lists.....and some motivation! I make lists but they are so unorganized and they make me worse off sometimes than without them. Crazy.

    Love the fun picture of the boys! Happy you got to get together with A and her sweet kids!

    LOVED your garden stuff so so much! That picture of Z with the goggles is so cute and you scrapped it so perfectly and the layout of Jake and the school decision.....we are so with you! Johnny is not starting in Sept. I think I told you that. He will do the "4 yr. old program" at his preschool. It's 3 mornings and perfect for him. As a mom and as a teacher....I know he is not ready and it sure doesn't hurt to be the oldest in school, esp. for boys. Johnny is smart but he isn't ready...kwim?

    Anyway....I miss you.....in case i haven't mentioned it yet ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:13 PM

    and I'm totally CRACKING up because my comment is about as long as your entry! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I put things on my lists that I've already done just for the pleasure of crossing them back off." <---- THIS, I love. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a total freak!
    Just kidding-those are probably the most normal 'weird things' I have ever read!
    I would have loved to be a fly at the park with you & Ash. that would have been hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...