Anyway, this was taken Saturday at the park where we got to spend a lovely afternoon with Ashley, Griffin and Ava. Griffin, super polite and a nature and animal genius. And Ava, the beautiful little daredevil. And Ashley, she's just a smartass but that is one of the chief reasons we get along so well :) She makes a mean cheese ravioli though and that makes most anyone good in my book! The boys had a fantastic time making friends with the Gailey kids...until Jake had a meltdown of epic proportions when it was time to leave. Asleep in the car 3 minutes after we left and out for the night. Yeah, he maybe a tidge tired from all of the excitement!
In knitting news, I've made a little progress on the baby sweater that's been languishing for months. A couple more miters done. Other than that, nada. I'm pretty sure sleeves will be my downfall on every sweater I knit. Maybe only tanks from now on?
Scrappy stuff - a new garden at 2peas yesterday :) Loved so much of it but as if we needed further proof that Lisa McGarvey is a freaking scrapbooking goddess, check out her ideas for organizing layouts, photos and papers of different sizes. I'd love to see her at work in real life. That would be such a treat! And here I was *just* the other day telling someone how I've been thinking about maybe giving 12 x 12 a shot here and there but didn't want to think about the album aspect of it all and along comes Lisa with the solution to my dilemma. I also loved this, this, this and this. So much talent - I'm feeling very fortunate that I get to be a part of it!
Added a bunch of new stuff to my site...logos and card templates. There is so much I *want* to do and just not enough time. I'm sure none of you understand that feeling, right?
Oh, and this...tagged by the delightful Jen (this was a long post, huh? should buy me at least a week or 10 days until I'm due to post again!)
Here are the rules: each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are
- I'm weird about meat. I hate, hate, HATE touching raw meat - when Carlos is feeling generous, he'll do it for me :p. Also, I can't eat meat off of a bone. Totally grosses me out.
- I have this weird psychological balance thing...it's hard to explain but if I'm doing something and feel like I'm using one hand or leg or foot more predominantly than the other, I have to switch to the other side. There's no counting or timing involved, just a *feeling* that I'm not balanced very well. I know. I should seek professional help.
- All of my nightmares are either about something bad happening to my children *OR* about being chased. I've been chased by witches (when I was a kid), people, robots (all started with the Transformers)...in my dreams, I'm chased forever...I never get caught and I never safely escape. What do you think it means?
- I'm a crazy list-maker...I make lists of lists. I put things on my lists that I've already done just for the pleasure of crossing them back off. Need a list? Give me a call.
- The mere thought of touching or using chalk makes my skin crawl and my teeth hurt. My stomach is in knots right now even typing about it...
- When I was in 5th grade, I totally beat my teacher in our math marathon. I took advanced calculus in high school and college. Since I had kids, I practically need a calculator to count. (where do all of those brain cells go anyway?)
- Thinking of seven weird things about myself should not be this hard. But I'm quitting here :p