9.06.2005

And now he is 3...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He's been doing the "2 fingers on one hand 1 finger on the other" bit all day. When I bring out the camera though he gets shy...that's when daddy steps in and does it for him :)

Where did the time go?? Why am I so wistful these last couple of weeks?? Why, oh WHY did I have my children whose birthdays are so close together? I needed to spread the melancholy out a bit, dammit. If there is another baby, it's gonna have to be a February baby!

Up next, the party at Caesarland tomorrow night. I'm guessing he will LOVE it and that we will have a VERY difficult time pulling him away from all the EXTRAVAGANZA that *is* Caesarland long enough to eat pizza or open presents!

Shhhhh, we got him skates! And pads and a helmet. Carlos is beside himself with excitement. He's been waiting three long years to introduce this kid to skates. Jake's been a master with a hockey stick for quite some time but skates...this opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Must admit, I'm a bit excited myself. Don't spoil the surprise for Jake though ;)

I'll try to update with a couple of party pics tomorrow...wish me luck!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 PM

    that is SUCH a cool picture. Happy birthday Jake! Enjoy your skates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:15 AM

    Happy Happy Birthday Jake! How fun for him to get skates!! Love the picture Erica.....and I'm pretty melancholy over John turning 3 on Saturday......no plans for him as far as a party go :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, three's HUGE... and Feburary babies are nice, you're not TOO hot during the summer, and you can just hang-out in January. :) Cesarland sounds interesting... at best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Aww... Happy birthday to the little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:35 PM

    love that photo of carlos and jake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:48 PM

    I LOVE that picture. It's crazy how birthdays make you a bit sad, even though you should be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:30 PM

    YAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Happy 3rd Birthday Jake!!! Hope you had tons of fun at your pizza party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy birthday, J!!! Cole is approaching his 3rd bday in November -- already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:47 PM

    happy THREE to jake!!

    i feared the close together birthday thing w/ my boys.. their due dates were a week apart, but their birthdays are 6 weeks apart thanks to one being early and the other being late. i don't think i could have handled their bdays any closer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Jake!! The big THREE!!! Before you know it, you'll be in my shoes, taking him to Kindergarten *tear*!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry I missed the party :( Heard Jake liked the skates, but LOVED the lollipops. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:03 PM

    skates! love that! em got a pair for her birthday (may) but has yet to become intrigued enough to actually give them a try. those will be some CUTE pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy, happy birthday Jake!! Be good to your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Oh, I hear ya sister! My kids are 2 weks apart, I'm not sure how I'm gonna be next year! You're doing good though chicky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...